Customer/Website User Terms and Conditions.
Our terms and conditions apply to any dealings between African Art Gallery Shop, (an online website marketplace where artist/vendors have individual accounts that enables them to post their artworks on our online media channels) and you the customer or potential buyer who has shown interest by visiting our online channels or by initiating a transaction and your use of our online media channels which are but not limited to our website www.africanartgallery.shop and social media accounts.
Using Website content and social media accounts with intent to make a purchase.
General Terms & Conditions
- Artworks (Paintings, drawings, photography, sculptures etc) or any product for sale are displayed with values supplied by the artist/vendors. Please verify with us if you have any queries regarding measurements published.
- It is our priority to ensure that all media displayed online faithfully represents the artworks for sale. However, we have no control of different displays that may be reproduced by different media display equipment.
- The Artists/Vendor hold intellectual property rights to any artwork that they post on the website. Reproduction of the artwork outside this framework is not permitted without prior permission from us and the Artist/Vendor.
- Orders for artworks can be placed on the website, social media accounts or email however our contract with you begins when we respond with confirmation of availability, final price, estimated time of delivery and shipping rate after which you may be asked to pay the final price that includes shipping and packaging. All taxes and customs duties in your country are your responsibility.
- In the event that the artwork you ordered is no longer available, the artist will redo the artwork with a 7-21 days or more, however we cannot guarantee 100% similarly with the advertised artwork as artworks are unique from each other. The final price may also change.
- All shipping expenses unless on promoted products where shipping is included shall be the responsibility of the customer. The shipping costs displayed on the website may also differ from the final calculated price by the shipping company.
- All artworks/products will be shipped after the full amount agreed according to these terms is received by us. Bank charges and credit card transacting fees from your bank or credit card company shall be borne by you. No amount shall be off-set for bank or credit card fees from your end.
- You also agree to provide us correct information that includes but is not limited to Name & Surname, delivery address, State, City and Country. We will not be liable for any loss due to inaccurate information supplied by you. Please update us on any changes on time.
- Delivery shall be made to the specified address by the contracted courier for which you will be advised and the tracking code supplied, ensure there is someone to receive your goods.
- If the artwork you ordered is indefinitely unavailable or cannot be redone by the artist you will be offered a replacement, a refund or a credit note that you can utilize in your future purchases with us. In the event that you wish to cancel the order, your refund will be processed within 30 days by either a refund to your credit card or transfer to your bank account.
- Your contract is with us, not our artists. You may not under any circumstances correspond with or communicate with our artists regarding sales of Goods, returns, commissions or refunds.
Return of Artworks purchased and finalised:
- You are encouraged to think carefully about your purchase to ensure that you are making the right choice. We on the other had we will ensure that all communication with you is transparent and informative and hence returns of artworks because you have changed your mind or you no longer require the artwork may not be accepted.
- In the event that you wish to return your artwork notify us within 7 days, include all the order details reasons for returning the artwork and if your reasons qualify for a return, we will advise you on email and begin the process.
- You must do this before you return the Artwork to us. You must meet the cost of returning unwanted artwork and you will be responsible for any loss or damage to artwork you return to us. Artwork must be received by us in a fully resalable condition.
- We will process your refund within 30 days of receiving the returned Artwork and payment will be made directly to the debit or credit card you used for the original purchase. However, we are not able to offer a refund if you change your mind about Artwork which has been specifically customised to your requirements (for example when we have framed a painting for you).
- Anonymous usage data is also collected through Google Analytics and WordPress Stats to help us optimize our website, for example, to see which pages are most popular and therefore help us optimize the content of this site.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
- If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly.